OUR CARERS HAVE BEEN HAND SELECTED BECAUSE OF THEIR PASSION TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE CARE.
Rivendell’s team are able to care for a wide variety of needs and have experience in caring for both younger and more senior clients. We deliver support for dementia, learning disabilities care, physical disabilities, injury and rehabilitation among many other conditions.
We listen to our clients and craft a care plan around their needs – taking in to account their likes, dislikes, daily routine, religious and cultural beliefs so we can provide the care that our clients would like.
Is Visiting Home Care The Right Option?
Domiciliary Care is best suited for those who need support around the house to maintain their independent living. We can prepare a nutritious meal in line with special dietary requirements, supervise medication administration, provide support with housekeeping and companionship. Our team of skilled carers are able to provide a range of services to ensure maximum comfort and independence. Rivendell Homecare & Support has a flexible approach offering care visits starting from 1 hour through to full days or overnight care. Alternatively, you may prefer full time Live In Care.
We recognise that our service users have varying levels of requirements from short term care following a minor accident through to long term support. Everything is taken into account when preparing a quotation. Our carers have chosen to work in this field and love what they do. They are trained in Person Centered Support, Safeguarding In Health & Social Care, Health & Safety, How To Communicate Effectively, Duty Of Care, Equality & Inclusion, Personal Development, The Role Of The Health & Social Care Worker, Moving & Handling, First Aid, and in specialist care for more complex needs.
Our aim is to enhance the day for our service users.
We can help with:
- Dressing and preparing for day care or medical appointments
- Washing and grooming
- All aspects of personal hygiene
- Medication assistance
- Continence management
- Care of pressure sores (under appropriate nursing supervision)
- Assisting with the use of aids to daily living/ rehabilitation aids, as required
- Helping with rehabilitation and enablement programmes, as prescribed by health and social care professionals
We recognise that having a clean and tidy home is very important to all of our clients and their families.
Our team can help with:
- Dusting and vacuuming
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen
- Changing the bed linen and towels
- Laundry and ironing
- Cleaning floors
We are also able to:
- Support with correspondence
- Assist with managing to pay bills
- Help with shopping
From specific dietary requirements through to personal preferences we will liaise with health professionals and family to ensure all needs are met:
- We will help with meal planning and preparation and ensure there is a dietary care plan in place
- Go shopping for the weekly groceries on behalf of the user or accompany them to the supermarket or local shops
- We can provide an internet enabled device and shop on-line with them from the comfort of their own home
- Assisting with snacks and meals according to the client’s preferences
- Assisting with feeding due to disability
It can feel very isolating being at home on your own for long periods of time. Companionship cannot be under-estimated in maintaining alertness, engagement and general well-being. With the hectic and fast-paced life most of us operate within it can be difficult to pay as much attention to loved ones as we would ideally like. Our carers are employed by us because they love what they do and it is their aim to add a little sparkle to the day of our care users.
Our carers can be available to support contact with family and friends; engage in a hobby in or away from the home or join in with community activities. We can help support scheduled appointments e.g. doctor, hospital, district nurse, plumber, gasman, cinema, theatre, social visits and more.
From the local amateur dramatic society or partake in gentle exercise we can provide a carer to accompany and work out with you!
We can set up Skype calls with loved ones here or abroad, send photographs of meals and the environment – all offering peace of mind that your loved one is receiving the best possible care.