As a company with a big heart we understand how big of an impact that the pandemic has had on some of our clients and carers. Our carers and client’s welfare is really important to us and we wanted to boost wellbeing and bring smiles to our valued Rivendell Family.
The office brainstormed and we also asked for assistance from the care team to find out ways we can enhance the day to day lives of our clients and carers. Since the pandemic we have sent out/are sending the following resources:
- Carer survival packs – we gave each one of our carers a handmade hamper with creams, lip-balm, bath salts and other pampering goodies. Our thoughts behind this was to show appreciation to our care team and provide useful items. The creams and lip balms were chosen to help with dry skin from wearing masks and gloves all day. The bath salts to relax after a hard day’s work.
- Art therapy – we understand that some of our client’s have been missing going to day centres and art classes. Therefore we decided to purchase a number of paints and art pads.
- Sunflower seeds – with the approach of spring we thought that it would be a special activity for carers to assist with planting sunflower seeds with their clients.
- Client’s quizzes with prizes – Most people love a good quiz. We wrote a quiz we sent out to all clients with questions about music, royals and film. The winning team won prizes for both client and carer.
- Inspirational pictures – sometimes an inspirational picture and quote can get us through more challenging times. We sent out inspirational postcards to our clients
- As part of the art therapy we sent out tubs of playdo. Not only can this be fun to craft objects, it is a great way of exercising the hands and motor skills.
- We have carried on the monthly newsletters with Covid updates, recipes, word searches, brain teasers and more
- Cholla runs – A client commented that they have missed their freshly baked Jewish bread that they would pick up on a Friday. Joshua has been delivering freshly baked chollas to clients. Some clients had not tasted this before and look forward to their deliveries.
- Books of brain teasers – The book contains word searches, sudoku, and other games at various levels so all clients could enjoy the fun and keep the brain stimulated.